My Amazon Link

Monday, April 25, 2011

Spiritual Awakening



by Janelle Sagen

My journey to gain knowledge about the Law of Attraction led me to a seminar given by Matthew Ferry and Thach Nguyen in March of 2007. I also met Rich German at this event. It was an amazing weekend-long experience. I sat with bated breath every day of that seminar, lucky to witness the countless miracles that were happening all around me as people from all over the country shared their stories.

Day two came and went, and I left that day feeling especially elated with what I’d learned. I didn’t realize that day’s session had gone an hour over, and I had a husband and two kids at home waiting for me. It all came to a head when I glanced down at my cell phone that had been set to vibrate and saw seven missed calls from home. At that very moment, my phone began to vibrate—another call from home. I picked up, still not aware of the time, and said hello to my husband.

He immediately fired back at me, “Where the hell are you?” I was so taken back; I had such an amazing day, and to get this kind of treatment from my husband was absolutely unimaginable. In an equally annoyed tone, I asked him, “What do you mean, ‘where am I?’ I’m on my way home from the seminar.” He asked me to look at the time and went on to really let me have it for not calling to let him know I was going to be late.

I immediately fired back at him, blaming him for ruining what was the best mood I’d been in since I could remember. I swiftly hung up on him, feeling ever so righteous for doing so. Then it dawned on me, what had I been learning for the past two days?

I immediately gave the hurt, resentment, anger, confusion, and hostility to the Universe; in my case that is God. I asked God to take away all the negative emotions that were blocking my feeling good at that moment. I began to breathe and feel the power of the Law of Attraction begin to work in my life. I declared to God that by the time I returned home, I would be back in complete alignment with my husband. Of course, I saw this alignment as my walking in the door, and my husband running over to me to greet me with a warm embrace and a soft kiss, and most importantly, an apology.

When I walked in the door, I walked up to him before realizing what I was doing, and I began to speak to him in a way that wasn’t the norm for me; I am rarely the “apologizer.” I went on to tell him how very sorry I was that I didn’t call him to tell him I’d be late. I apologized for his having to sit around and worry about my safety. I put myself in his shoes and really thought about what would serve him, not me. He had a look of confusion on his face that told me this was the Law of Attraction working here. But just to make sure I really saw it, God inspired my husband to ask about the seminar and what was taught that day, something that isn’t the norm for him.

I had shared my vision with fifty strangers that day but never my own husband. I went on to tell him my vision of being an author who writes inspirational books on self-healing that will one day save the lives of millions throughout the world. Even though a fight had been avoided, for some reason I still didn’t feel completely and utterly aligned with him. However, I went to bed having taken back that feeling of overwhelming peace I’d left the seminar with earlier.

The next morning was the last day of my seminar. I hurried out of the house as to not be late. I told my husband I would pay attention to the time and let him know if I was going to be late that day. He looked at me with a look I’d never seen him give me and said, “I guess I’m going to have to get used to your being gone.” I answered, “Why is that?” He responded, “Aren’t you going to be on a book tour soon?” It was at that moment I realized I’d achieved perfect alignment. What a magical moment of the Law of Attraction working in my life!

Message: Look within at what you are bringing to every situation. Let go of the fear of examining yourself and how people view you. Be willing to say “I’m sorry,” and smile as you reap every benefit.

Janelle Sagen’s journey to spiritual awakening began about three years ago and has led her on a wonderful path of self-discovery. She knows her true purpose on this earth is to inspire and deliver this message to as many people as possible through her poetry and coaching. Her vision is to reach out and teach people their true potential in life, to raise their consciousness, and create a more peaceful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment