My Amazon Link

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Meditation for Beginners By Trevor



Lots of people are worried about meditating because they think it
involves sitting in crazy positions, chanting strange words or
humming wierd noises while focusing on nothing.

Okay, that might be, but it's certainly not the norm :-)

To get started with meditation you can do a few simple things.

Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed or distracted.
Then make yourself comfortable, but not too comfortable. Take a few
deep, slow breathes and relax your body. I like to start with my
focusing on my feet, then calves, knees... working my way up to my
head as I relax. You might need some time (few minutes or so) at
first, but after a few times of practicing this, it will come much
faster and easier.

Remember that "meditation" doesn't mean thinking of "nothing", it
really means thinking about what you want or choose to think about.

Don't worry that you "don't know what you're doing" just yet, just
give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment