My Amazon Link

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Life of My Dreams



by Cindy Day


I liken the past to the wake of a boat.It does not drive the boat, nor does it determine the direction it’s headed.It only shows where it’s been.Coming from an unhappy childhood, much of my adult life was lived with limiting beliefs, fear, low self-worth, and no spiritual grounding. Ten years ago, I was a single parent living in the Midwest. Not living, more like existing. Empty and depressed is how I would have described myself. I knew there was something missing, that I had something to offer, even though I grew up feeling worthless. I felt like my life was wasting away. 

Not knowing about the Law of Attraction, or that I played a part in the creation of my life’s circumstances, I listened to everyone when they said, “What’s wrong with you? You should be happy. You’re pretty. You have a wonderful little boy and a good job.” That never helped me feel better; I still stayed depressed and empty. The turning point came when I visited Los Angeles eight years ago. I met Fabio (the former model) while walking down the street one day. That week he took me under his wing, offering advice and words of spiritual wisdom. He could see how empty, unfulfilled, and unhappy I was. He tried to convince me that I was supposed to be happy and that I didn’t have to settle for an empty life with a “good job” that I didn’t like. He took me to meet with modeling agents and even booked me a job. That week, I was the happiest I had ever been. I felt like L.A. was where I belonged. I felt so at home and at peace. I had always told myself that one day I would live in L.A., but didn’t know how to make it happen since I was a single parent with a lot of limiting beliefs. After returning home to Ohio, I thought about what Fabio had said. I started reading books by authors I had never heard of or even knew existed (Deepak Chopra, Gary Zukav, Wayne Dyer, Tony Robbins, etc.). I didn’t want to quit my nine-to-five job for fear of what everyone would think of me. Within weeks of my L.A. trip, the company I worked for was bought out by another and was moved to another city. This was the perfect time to make a move. I couldn’t believe it was happening! To make a long story short, my son and I moved to L.A. I got tons of acting and modeling jobs right away. Then I met a man and immediately moved in with him out of fear of being alone. His insecurity led to mental and emotional abuse. I was filled with worry and anxiety every day. My acting and modeling jobs immediately started to fade away. I stopped evolving and reading the inspirational books. I hadn’t saved a dime from all the work I had done, not realizing at the time he had wanted it that way. I lived in fear every day and didn’t know how to get out of the relationship. If I tried to make a plan to get on my feet, he would threaten to throw all of our things out in the street. My good friend, Fabio, tried to help, but I never responded. One night, while the man I lived with was away on business, I awoke with a thought: “If you love yourself and your son, you will not stay here one day longer.” I got out of bed and immediately packed everything we owned into my car. We were now homeless and penniless! We got emergency help and stayed at a motel where the residents were homeless people, crack addicts…you name it! I was frightened but didn’t want my son to know, so I tried to be happy for him. My son was the happiest I had seen him in a while. The fact that we didn’t have a home wasn’t as important as the peace of mind I had and that my son felt loved. On our fourteenth and last day that we were allowed to stay at the motel, I dropped my son off at school. I went back to the motel and packed everything we owned into my car and prepared to drive back to Ohio after school. While trying to stay sane and prepare myself to break the news to my son that we were leaving L.A., I drove around for a little while. I prayed that something would happen in the next few hours. I stopped at a Starbucks and sat down. A man approached and asked if he could sit down with me. I recognized him from TV, so I figured it was safe. We had a talk that lasted about thirty minutes. It was about spirituality and having faith. He told me to do what my heart tells me—not my mind, which decides out of fear. I realized that God brought this person to me at the moment I needed him most. I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I left and went back to the motel inspired and excited. I knew that my heart wanted me to stay in L.A. I just couldn’t leave! Within an hour, I got a phone call about a cocktail waitressing job and was asked to start immediately. To sum it all up, I saved enough money to get our own place. I earned my real estate license and sold my first million dollar property in the first month. I soon realized that everything that was happening and had happened to me was a result of the Law of Attraction. After studying more, and evolving further, I saw so many things come into my life that I had always wanted. I am now married to a wonderful man with whom I travel quite frequently. I live in my dream home. I have a wonderful lifestyle that allows me to follow my passions without fear. I am now a life coach, helping others overcome their limiting beliefs and achieve their dreams. I have even written and published my first book, The Life of Your Dreams in 30 Days or Less! Although I practice and teach it on a regular basis, I am still amazed by the Law of Attraction! Message: No matter what you’ve experienced in the past, it is important to remember that the past does not have the power to determine your future. Your present thoughts and emotions create your future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment