My Amazon Link

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wake Up!!!

The other day I was curious about what the top YouTube videos are of all time. Mostly at the top is some combination of Justin Beiber and other popular singers... and a bunch of random videos.
One video title caught my attention:
"Zombie Kid Likes Turtles"
So I watched it. It was a news clip. And was quickly reminded why I don't watch the news.
Most news falls into two categories: Dumb and discouraging.
Dumb is stuff like Zombie Kid Likes Turtles. It's when the filler in the news lacks any useful or emotional substance. It's arguably even an ineffective attempt at bringing some heart into the news.
Calling it dumb isn't a judgment. Dumb news isn't necessarily good or bad. It's dumb because it lacks intelligence, substance, and even humor.
Then there's the "discouraging."
That's all the stuff we "think we have to keep up with" so we can "be prepared."
Bad news. Murders. War. Bad economy. Corruption. Drugs. Natural disasters. Scandals. Affairs. Negative politics.
The list goes on...
And every moment you expose yourself to bad news, you are subconsciously reinforcing pain, negativity, and fear. Your mind subconsciously learns and believes:
"This is how the world is. This is how it works."
Yet that's not entirely true. It is true that is how some of the world operates. In fact, much of the world operates from places of fear, pain, and negativity. That's why we have wars, rape, theft, etc.
But it's not true that is how the world is. Just some people in the world. Even in my recent dark times, I never saw the world as an inherently painful place. Yes I was in pain. No, the world is not inherently painful.
If you keep up with the news (whether it's online, TV, or newspaper), I dare you to go one full week without ever once checking in on the news.
I did this years ago, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Very quickly the quality of my life improved.
Then a few years later, I suddenly fell into a temporary trap of keeping up with the news again. Within a week I felt depressed. Once I realized it was news-related, I dropped the news again and my depression went away.
That was all before I had any ideas about consciousness, spirituality, personal development, etc. I just knew that the news lowered my quality of life. It messed up and confused my heart and mind.
Much of the news serves to make us like zombies.
(or as some people say, "sheeple" ~ sheep-like people who follow blindly)
Most of the media companies in the US are controlled by an elite wealthy few people, often with political ties. The combination of wealth and politics often (not always) influences people and organizations in ways that are not necessarily benevolent or "for the people." Money trails and investigations don't paint a pretty picture of the media nor politicians.
So then why look to the news as an authoritative source for what should go into YOUR subconscious mind?
All you have to do is look at the "Occupy Wall Street" protests going on to see how this can lead us astray. Signs such as:
"Dear 1%. We are the 99%, and we were asleep. Now we've woken up."
Think about that for a moment...
In simple terms, the sign says: "We blindly followed people in positions of authority. We blindly followed the news. Now we're paying the price for our ignorance, and we don't want to do that anymore."
It's great that people are waking up in so many ways... economically, politically, mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Still, this is our lives we're talking about. And the news is subconsciously sabotaging our best efforts to transform our lives.
Liberate Your Life... with 1 week of no news whatsoever from any source.
Give it a try.
The world won't end during that time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment