My Amazon Link

Monday, May 30, 2011

Finding My Calling



 



By Sharon Schmitt

I was first introduced to The Secret through The Oprah Show. But, as I look back at the circumstances in my life, I realize I had frequently applied the Law of Attraction and didn’t even know it. I watched the DVD many times with amazement and wonder.

Years ago, I read a book by Louise Hay called You Can Heal Your Life. I needed guidance on changing my life, and she made excellent suggestions in her book. She had had terminal cancer and cured herself by positive thinking (applying the Law of Attraction). We have so many years of built up “dis-ease,” it’s no wonder we manifest illnesses in our bodies. We were told in our younger years, don’t think this, don’t do that, why are you doing that, money doesn’t grow on trees, kids are to be seen and not heard, quit daydreaming. And later on, your spouse says the same things or worse. I could go on and on, but the point is our lives are based on what our parents and others told us and not how we think or feel. So we keep our frustrations deep inside and presto, we have “dis-ease.” It’s very hard to stay positive with all the negativity around us. But according to The Secret, the power lies in believing in yourself, truly loving yourself, and being happy in the moment, no matter what. The mind is a very powerful tool.

With the Law of Attraction, you can manifest anything you want by thinking, feeling, believing, being grateful, and letting it go to the Universe and/or God. Before I even knew about the Law of Attraction, my life’s dream was to own a Corvette. I would think about it, feel it, see the color, and imagine myself in one, but I thought it was just a far-fetched dream. People would tell me they are expensive, the insurance is high, and it’s a gas guzzler; but I didn’t care … I wanted one. I was out with relatives one day when my husband called. “Are you sitting down? I got a deal on a Corvette, and I’m going to buy it for you.” I couldn’t believe my ears. I was afraid to get too excited because the dream may disappear. When I arrived home, I saw the car and thought, “Shoot!” I wanted a white one, and it was black. Boy, did I sound ungrateful! A few weeks later, another one came along … a deal we couldn’t refuse. Would you believe, it was white! A few weeks later, another deal came along, and that one was white too. Good lord … now I had three, whatheaven! Now I am down to one, and every time I drive it I am so happy for the joy it brings me; I feel young again! By the way, gas and insurance for the Corvette are cheaper than for our Durango. Who knew?

In 2000, I went for a yearly mammogram and learned I had breast cancer. Once the doctor told me the awful news, I didn’t hear another word. My husband and I were walking to the car, and I burst into tears stating, “I’m going to die.” He hugged me and said, “You didn’t hear what the doctor said. It’s curable!” I had surgery, a lumpectomy. Unfortunately, the cancer traveled to a lymph node, so chemotherapy and radiation were on the agenda for me.

While I lay on the couch having a pity party, a thought came to me. Either I could wallow in this or get up and enjoy life! I was up late one night after chemo and decided to surf the Internet for wig stores. That was when I had a “light bulb” moment … I decided to open one. I had some inheritance money I was saving and wanted to do something worthwhile with it. And since I was a hairdresser, I had a lot of experience with hair!

Ever since I made that decision, everything just fell into place. One day, I was cutting a client’s hair. I knew he owned business rental property, and I approached him with my idea. He loved it so much he gave me a deal on the rent that I couldn’t refuse. This was in November of 2000, and the rental would be ready January 1, 2001. My husband remodeled the store with the help of plumbers, electricians, etc., who he knew. I found the distributor I wanted to purchase the wigs from. I opened on May 5, 2001, selling quite a few wigs that day.

Unfortunately 9/11 happened, and all of a sudden no one was buying. The world was scared and devastated, including me. I was nervous since sales were way down. But I knew in my heart this was what I was supposed to do. After all, I attracted cancer for a reason; this was my calling.

After some time, business did pick up. Since the day I opened, I have not regretted a single day. I am grateful for the opportunity to help others in the same situation, to ease the unknown, and make them feel better about themselves. It is a wonderful and satisfying occupation. There is life after cancer!

Right now I’m manifesting my big, beautiful new home and being able to enjoy it with family and friends. I know I will receive it because I believe, I believe, I believe!

Message: Believe in yourself, and anything is possible

No comments:

Post a Comment