My Amazon Link

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Confessions of Sofa Sleeper

A few months back I slept on the couch. Let me explain.

I got some sort of cold and was feeling miserable.  I didn't want
Athena to feel awful and to suffer like I was so I did everything I
could to prevent her from getting the virus from me.  That included
sleeping on the couch and even using the guest bathroom to keep my
germs far away from her.

By my sleeping in the living room, Athena wasn't awakened every
couple of hours by my hacking cough or when I blew my nose for what
seemed like minutes.  She was able to have a good night sleep and
therefore I even benefited because she was in good health to be
able to take care of me (well, she actually pampered me quite
nicely).

Sleeping on the couch really wasn't so bad.  Our couch is long and
quite comfortable.  Also, because I was so tired I ended up
sleeping through much of the day and I would wake up in the middle
of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep.  We put the
television and DVD right in front of the couch.  Athena rented a
bunch of comedies (laughter is good medicine) for me so I just
watched the videos until I could fall asleep again.  All this
without having to wake her.

Some people have the motto:  If I suffer, I want the whole world to
suffer along with me.  Or "if momma ain't happy, nobody is happy."
In blissful relationships, it is just the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment