My Amazon Link

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Getting Things Changed"

Chris Cade's
Personal Transformational  (Part 1 of 7)...

Like many people, Jane started meditating because she knew it would improve her life. When it was new and the enthusiasm was there, she found it easy.

Once the novelty wore off, however, Jane wasn't that excited about meditation anymore.

It didn't feel that great. She tired of it easily. She couldn't stop wondering what was happening on Facebook.

She quickly found her meditations go from 30 minutes a day to 30 seconds. "I'm just not in the flow, today," Jane would say as she pulled out the IPad to check her emails.

This approach of "I'll do something when it's going good but quit when it's not going so well" is destroying people's will power – whether they are trying to meditate, paint a portrait or get in shape.

That's why I tell people to time their meditations. Set an alarm. Have a goal. This forces you to say to yourself: "It doesn't matter if my meditation is good or bad... I'm just going to finish it."

Whatever you want to do to improve your life -- set a timer.

Take it a step further by keeping a log or journal – tracking your progress.

Now, once you overcome this barrier to your will power then your "Inner Critic" (a subconscious villain that tries to stop you from living a fulfilling life) will use another far more cunning tactic...

Let's say Jane has committed to meditating five minutes each day whether she's in the mood or not. It's a little difficult at first, but after a few weeks she's really enjoying it.

Then one day she's experiencing a very deep meditation and doesn't want to stop when the alarm goes off. So she keeps on meditating as long as she continues to feel this deep state of peace.

Sounds good, right? Not so fast...

Now, when will she actually stop her meditation since the alarm has already gone off? When her meditation starts going bad. That's when.

So now Jane's giving up. Again.

In my subconscious reprogramming system, Liberate Your Life, I recommend that you meditate for whatever time you know you can consistently commit to every day. Then if you're having a great meditation one day and you want to meditate more, wait until the timer goes and set it again for another five minutes (or whatever time you decide).

The same goes for exercise. If you're on a runner's high after two miles then set another goal. Maybe aim for another mile. Or do the same route again. But don't just keep on running until you don't feel like it anymore.

All of us come into life with our subconscious whims, moods, thoughts and beliefs dictating most of our actions. That's why the first phase of my Liberate Your Life program is all about discovering how your Inner Critic is stopping you from doing what you know you should do to make your life better.

To make it easy for you I've broken the program up into very manageable individual pieces. I send one short lesson to members each week. If you're really stuck on time this can be done in 50 minutes or less.

So, if all you did was put aside 10 minutes a day, Monday through Friday, you'd be able to make massive improvements to your subconscious kingdom – enabling you to guide your thoughts, emotions and actions to achieving the goals you've set in life.

I suggest everybody who is struggling to make real progress on the path of personal development at least commit to completing one lesson of Liberate Your Life each week. Tell yourself: "I'm going to stick with this for six months. At the very worst I'll at least be developing my will power – something I can apply to anything. At the very best I'll have freed myself from my Inner Critic and can start living the life I've only dreamed about."

Liberate Your Life. I dare you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment